Friday, April 10, 2009

Egg Hunt

I get very excited at Easter. I want to fuck like a bunny.

It's understandable really.

Saxon pagans celebrated the goddess of the spring equinox and the rebirth of the land symbolized by the egg. It was generally a time of great revelry and fucking.

Like many a great pagan knees up, the Christians came along, hijacked it, and stopped all of the revelry and fucking. Killjoys!

Easter is BIG in Norway.

It is a family holiday and many people spend time in their mountain huts, cross country skiing, and partaking in family celebrations, games and traditions. The whole country shuts down for a week, not that we foreigners can tell the difference from a normal week.

Murder mysteries are a very popular modern Norwegian Easter television viewing tradition. This year there are 2 new episodes of Poirot on over the weekend. It is Good Friday and I am already contemplating murder. In our family this would not present a mystery to anyone.

Norwegians, like many cultures, are very keen on decorating eggs for Easter. Mrs. BB’s clan is no exception. We are at the family mountain hytte doing some serious Easter stuff, in very "pagan-centric" surroundings!

Egg painting and the egg hunt are all part of a rich tradition that goes way back.

This part of Easter makes me particularly horny. It makes the Saxon bit of my Anglo Saxon DNA throb. I make plans to do some serious hunting for Mrs. BBs eggs tonight, I’ll give them a good spring decoration.

I pray to the spring goddess for a blessing of abundance.

Beaverboosh

8 comments:

Lesley said...

May the abundance be upon you.

ian in hamburg said...

You mean you'd be disappointed in anything less than triplets?

Anonymous said...

Eggsactly!

Anonymous said...

murder mysteries to celebrate easter? i'm not a christian, but that seems odd...

i'm with you. fuckage = spring. nail her a good one. oh, there's that christian thing again...

kyknoord said...

The string goddess is busy. Maybe that's why the christians were able to take over?

The housewife said...

LOL I will never look at Easter eggs the same way again.......

beaverboosh said...

lesley - bless you!

ian - quite, I wish to get it all over at once

dolce - hahaha, you sound like kyk

df - very brotherly message, I shall seek out a cross shaped bed

kyk - yeah, i think she was in London

caroline - especially cream easter eggs

Unknown said...

yes...please Ian how big of a dork I am going to be... I would like to gage the nerd facter in advance...